Thursday, December 31, 2009

"...and a Happy New Year"

Today is the last day of 2009
I guess the expected and cliche thing to do is "look back" on this past year.
I should talk about all that occurred in my life...


I should speak of great or tragic events that took place
I should probably talk about the Daniel Fast in January that started the year off
I should talk about the intern missions trip to Dallas during Spring Break
(how it revealed things...)


I should talk about the 1st ever Re:new Block Party at Veterans Park
About celebrating my 20th Birthday and Jenni & John Peter's Wedding on the same day
(and Mrs. Karen's!)
About a summer of graduations and students going off to Masters and College
About a summer of running kids and youth camp in Marianna
I should talk about the ONLY canoe trip that ended in a crazy,
scary ligtning storm that seperated 2/3 of adult leaders from the kids
I should talk about the interesting speech given by a Maid of Honor at the
reception of Dallas & Tiffany's wedding :)
About how I loathe school and, for the first time in my life, did horrible at it
About how Kristina and I did a middle school girls small group for the 1st time and
it actually working out, and being better than I ever thought possible!


I should talk about Laguna Beach & how the band fell through and our band stepped up
(how organic and awesome it was...just a time of refreshment that couldn't come from another group)
How we got the news of Mr. Bernie's passing
(and the facial expressions of family I hope to never see)
I should talk about the news of Brian and Aundrea's baby boy-their 1st kid
About the shocking news of Ms. Vickie's death just day's before Halloween...
About how Easton burned his hand under my care & how I'll never live it down
About Ashleigh & Allens wedding a week before Christmas
About Lindsey & Jason's engagment on Christmas Eve night
(just like Ashleigh & Allen)


I should talk about my brother's divorce and how I'm discovering more and more that
love is an emotion that can change and marriage is about commitment
I should talk about him
I should talk about a whole years-worth of things lol but...
...that'd just take up so much space don'tcha think :-)


This year has been an interesting one but I'm thankfull to have either endured or enjoyed all that happened. I was alive and well and not everyone can say that. I'm hoping to be blessed with another year and I'm mindful of what's to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment