Monday, February 1, 2010

Foxy Banana Pudding


...Tonight Mrs. Joy pressured me into attending a scrapbooking thing at church. If you know me then you know that I'm not at all creative--I think my sister got those genes! It's always fun hanging out with Mrs. Joy though and I didn't have any other plans--especially since I've become a bum--so I decided to go; my spot was covered and everything...which, now that I think of it, I owe a lil lady some cash ;)....




I'm definitely not Martha Stewart but I did okay for my first scrapbooking experience--maybe because we worked with reciepes instead of photos....that I could ruin lol. I actually had a good time! It was just a good group of ladies, hangin' out, eatin' food, cuttin' stuff, punchin' things out, talkin' 'bout our day and whatever...and wow!...all that sounds really girlie to me now!!....BUT...I'm okay with that; it's a new year and I guess I'm doing some new things :).



As Christian as this is going to sound, I really liked the fellowship aspect of tonight. I mean, I see most of these people every Sunday but I feel like I'm gonna have another connection with 'em, ya know. I'm already, like, picturing myself sayin' hey to Mrs. Karen at church and then striking up a conversation about recipes we've been thinkin' of and "the coolest paper" we found at, like, Hobby Lobby or somewhere and how we're dying to use it at the next meeting...hahaha...



2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had fun AND made some wonderful memories as well! Connections and relationships are important! PS: I'm not 'creative' either, but I love trying new things. Be careful! It can become addictive! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha ... I'm glad I pressured you into it too! I knew it would be something fun we could do outside of the normal every-day stuff! And it's just an added bonus that you actually liked it :) Hmmm .... what kind of paper am I gonna pick ... and what are you gonna come up with? I'm thinking a trip to Hobby Lobby is in order :)

    ReplyDelete